The Nipissing Region Curatorial Collective works with curators, artists, collectives and cultural organizations (eg. the Gateway Theatre Guild) to promote, animate, produce and document cultural events in the Nipissing region of northeastern Ontario.
The NRCC is committed to the professional payment of artists as outlined by the CARFAC Ontario union of artists. We are connecting new regional and national audiences for art and culture to emerging and professional visual, media and performing artists in the Nipissing region. The NRCC also offers administrative and educational programming assistance to all non-profit organizations in our region.
WHAT WE DO
• Promote and Nurture Cultural Awareness in the Nipissing Region,
• Practice, Produce and Administrate art exhibits,,
• Facilitate Artists’ collaborative studio spaces,
• Curate and promote artist’s and media artists’ projects,
• Develop and curate Festivals and Events in the Nipissing region,
• Assist each other with fundraising for NRCC and Member’s artistic projects,
• Develop and produce workshops, gatherings, conferences, etc. that will professionally develop our members and help us to grow curators.
GOALS & DESTINATIONS
• be a fully operational, multi-venue, visual and media arts production and exhibition space
• create a year-round, fully self-sustainable series of arts workshops
• initiate a year-round emerging artists’ residency program
• develop and schedule multiple venues for artistic events produced in collaboration with various community organizations and/or artists’ collectives,
• communicate, connect and liaise with all NRCC members and artistic communities across our region, and
• establish a comprehensive list of professional visual and media arts curators working in Northern Ontario.
1. SUSTAIN COLLABORATIVE CREATION SPACES
2. PROMOTE ARTS PROFESSIONALISM and CURATORS IN OUR REGION
3. ACHIEVE IMPACTS THROUGH MEETING TARGETS
4. CREATE AND SUSTAIN COLLABORATIVE CULTURES
5. FOSTER AND IMPROVE UPON OUR CORE COMPETENCIES
The NRCC’s Key Offerings:
- Promote and Nurture Cultural Awareness in the Nipissing Region,
- Practice, Produce and Administrate our NRCC members’ projects,
- Provide professional Artists’ Studio spaces at 176 Lakeshore Drive, North Bay
- Curate and promote Northern Ontario artist’s projects,
- Provide Media Art production support for our NRCC members,
- Coordinate Exhibition, Festival and Event promotions,
- Assist our members with grant-writing and editing,
- Artists’ Workshop management and production.
NRCC 2022 Board of Directors:
- Chantal Phillips – Chairperson
- Reinalie Jorolan – Past-chairperson
- Terre Chartrand – Broken Forests
- Julie Kawai – Treasurer
- Mike Cywink – Visual Arts Programs
- Cesar Forero – Regional Representative
- Samanta Izquierdo – Performance Programmer
- Rod Bilz – FusionFest Committee
- Paul Monaghan – FusionFest Committee